Friday, June 25, 2010

Where's Ryan?

When our dog Bailey was little, he used to love pulling out every single toy he owned and letting them lay around in the living room. And usually once a week, right before I vacuumed, I'd gather them all up and put them in the toy basket. Wherever he was in the house, he'd inevitably hear one of the toys and come running to see what I was doing. He would stand there, intently watching as I put each toy away and then, as soon as I walked away, he'd begin the process of taking them all out again, one at a time. Not to play with, of course, just to have them out and to let me know that I can't control everything, despite my best efforts.

Ryan does the same thing with our bed pillows. He watches and waits as I smooth out the sheets, pull up the duvet cover and place all the pillows (eight total) in the rightful spot on the bed. Then, he'll climb up the bed like his life depends on it and vigorously kick the pillows around, giggling and laughing and looking back from time to time to make sure we're watching his mischief.

Today, though, he climbed up gently and quietly snuck in behind the pillows and giggled quietly, proud of his sneaky moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment