Monday, December 24, 2012

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

‘Twas the night before Christmas, when I finally admitted
It had been nine long months since a post was submitted.
People visited often – they really did care
If I had something new about the Bachman’s to share.

The reason for the absence was a family decision
That included me taking a more demanding position.
And though I thoroughly enjoy writing these posts,
With limited free time, I enjoy time with the kids most.

But this blog was started with an end-goal in mind
To create a “baby book” that was one of a kind.
Document the happenings of Ryan and Lou
With the hope that – one day – they’d want to read these posts too.

And so – with only a week left in the year,
It’s time to play catch-up and put things in high gear.
A month (or two) a day I must relive and rehash
So 2012 doesn’t disappear in a flash.

From baseball, to field trips and trips to the beach
To parties and holidays – we’ll cover them each.
The posts may not be as lengthy, but you’ll get the gist
Of what we’ve been up to and what you have missed.

I’ll spring to the folders, the pictures I’ll review
And in a weeks time, the blog will be anew.
But for now I’ll exclaim, as I hold my kids tight
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

  1. The words with friends butt woopings are making a lot more sense now. lol
    Nicely written! Have a Merry Christmas to you and yours. And tell Nate hi for me!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete