Monday, February 14, 2011

So this is love

After every bath, I take off my rings and lather Ryan up with lotion. Then, every time, he asks to put my rings back on for me. It's become our thing. I'll ask, "Who got me those rings?" He'll say, "Daddy." I'll ask, "Why did Daddy get me those rings?" He'll say, "Because he's going to love you forever. And then I came! And then Lindsey came!" I love that he's always most excited about him and Lindsey.

Back in the day, Valentine's Day was about Nate and I. We'd either go out to eat somewhere or get really adventurous and cook up the food ourselves. We'd pop some bubbly and toast to "us."

Things have changed. We still find time to celebrate "us," but there is so much more to us now than there was back then. And that "so much more" deserves a little toast of its own.

So this year, adventurous food was switched from whole lobsters and grilled asparagus to heart-shaped quesadillas and halved grapes. Our bubbly was modified from champagne to sparkling cider. And chocolate covered strawberries were replaced with chocolate covered pretzels with pink sprinkles and whipped cream.

This, my friends, is love.

1 comment:

  1. oh how very true that is- and what a beautiful story....
    your words on my blog mean so much to me...thank you for your insight...you'll never know how important it is to me!!
    thank you, thank you, again:)

    ReplyDelete