Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Under Quarantine

I love winter, really. I love cold weather, warm sweaters, fluffy white snow and the smell of wood burning in a fireplace. But anything in excess can be too much. When it's so cold it hurts to breathe - that's no good. When the fluffy white snow becomes wet, heavy and two feet deep - no good. And when your winter includes an evil dose of the flu - no. good.

It started out as a scratchy cough with Nate and I. Then Nate got a fever and the chills. Then I got the chesty cough and low grade fever. Then daycare called - Lindsey had a fever. And just when we thought maybe Ryan was in the clear - he got hit too. Flu in excess. We're four days in and it doesn't seem to be letting up. So I'm keeping this short to go get some much-needed rest.

But to give you an idea of what the flu in excess looks like, check out the mini pharmacy that has popped up in our kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no... I feel for you. Being sick AND taking care of sick kids is the worst! I hope that everyone gets healthy soon! Warm weather is coming!

    ReplyDelete